21 August 2012

Artwork in Progress - Start to Finish

This is an experiment I undertook several years ago to create a 'time-lapse' effect record of my artwork by taking photographs at several stages throughout progress on the piece.
I really like these pictures, not because it is a painting of my daughter on the train but because it allows me to view my art from an outsiders point of view . . .
These photographs were displayed on my website for some time, but I came across them again recently hidden away in amongst my many folders of pictures so I thought it was time to share again.


I found the process quite difficult as it meant forcing myself to stop painting at regular intervals. All artists are different but I think being engrossed in a piece of work is probably a common trait, once committed to a canvas I often find it very hard to stop . . . .

Hence this is an exercise I have never repeated, though often when I stand back and look at a finished piece I wish I had . . . . next time maybe!

I hope you enjoyed the show :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment