6 August 2012

Edward Hopper Retrospective

   
'Nighthawks' Edward Hopper 1942

I love Edward Hopper and to see Nighthawks up close and personal as they say would be an amazing experience. Having missed the 2004 Exhibition at the Tate Modern I thought I had missed my chance, so imagine my delight at the news that the Grand Palais in Paris will be holding an Edward Hopper Retrospective between 10th October and 28 January 2013 (http://www.rmn.fr/english/les-musees-et-leurs-expositions-238/grand-palais-galeries-nationales-257/expositions-258/edward-hopper-2926)
The exhibition will be divided chronologically into two main parts: the first section covers Hopper’s formative years (1900-1924), comparing his work with that of his contemporaries and art he saw in Paris, which may have influenced him. The second section looks at the art of his mature years, from the first paintings emblematic of his personal style - House by the Railroad - (1924), to his last works (Two Comedians -1966).
All I need to do now is save up the pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment