25 August 2012

Design Process - Part Two

Following on from my previous post, these are how my simple Kokeshi doll paintings looked with the backgrounds removed . . . . . .


A really good start that made me start thinking of greetings cards, postcards, printed fabric, wall decals. I ruled out greetings cards because I already have a range using other Kokeshi images, and the postcard idea is still lurking around in my mind, a pack of one of each design might be quite cute?

I loved the idea of having fabric printed using a repeating selection of the images, this really appeals to the crafting side of me, I could make some fantastic cushions. The idea led me to start putting the images together in random patterns  . . . .


Unfortunately to date I have not found a fabric printing supplier willing to print in a small enough quantity to make this idea financially viable. The same goes for wall decals . . . but I still think these would make great images for a child's room.
I haven't given up hope for either idea so watch this space :0)

Many an hour playing around with designs produced numerous variations of images, some worked, some didn't, but I was convinced that I should use them to create some new products.

After much deliberation, testing, and the creation of sample products, approximately one year after putting brush to canvas I had final products delivered to my door. Always an exciting time!

I will feature the finished articles in my next blog and you can decide for yourself if I made the right choices
  . . . . till tomorrow



Take care

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment