19 August 2012

Silhouette Tree Collection




I thought I would share my silhouette tree collection with you.
I love painting trees, there is something beautiful and inherently fascinating about them and even in their simplest form create a really strong image. I take a lot of pleasure in growing the image, the form of the trunk and lean of the branches that can instill a sense of movement down to each individual tiny branch that if misplaced can upset the whole effect of the painting.
Painted in acrylic on box canvas, my silhouette tree collection is my attempt at painting a tree for each season, with the bold, single, tree silhouette emboldened by the evening skies depicting each of the seasons.

All four paintings can currently be viewed at ArtGallery online: http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/dee_summers

No comments:

Post a Comment