18 August 2012

Crafty Cushion Creations - Bold Orange Flower Design Decorative Cushions

As much as I love painting, I do love to create also.

Cushions are great fun to make as the options for style, size and design are limitless. I tend to use remnants and off-cuts of vintage and new fabrics - anything that takes my fancy really. Friends and family find me bits of material they think I can use and I am also lucky enough to live near a fabric store that sells end of roll remnants where I can pick up some great material - normally just enough to make a couple of cushions - which is great, I don't like to mass produce (it gets boring!) plus it means that I can sell one of a kind items.


My designs tend to be quite bold, I like to create items that are really decorative, a feature piece that will stand out and look beautiful.

These cushions are made from a lovely heavyweight upholstery fabric with a black and white floral motif and has been appliqued with a beautiful eye-catching bright orange flower design

Each cushion measures approximately 16 x 8 inches (40 x 20 cm) and is lightly filled with polyester wadding and backed in the same black and white fabric

They are currently available to purchase in my Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/102307066/bold-orange-flower-design-decorative.

I have also created a matching wall hanging using the same material - I may feature this in my next blog as they look lovely together, I was tempted to hang it on my own wall, but for the moment it is up for sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment