31 August 2012

Japanese Kokeshi Doll Paintings

I thought I would share two of my latest Kokeshi Doll Paintings . . . .

Kokeshi Mother and Baby

Based on a traditional wooden Japanese Kokeshi doll design depicting a mother holding her baby. Painted in shades of blue with golden flower detailing in acrylic on 24 x 12 inch box canvas.

Currently for sale through ArtGallery online: https://www.artgallery.co.uk/work/95863

Kokeshi Mother and Child

Continuing on the same theme I painted this second canvas that depicts two dolls portraying a mother and her child.

This canvas compliments the 'Mother and Baby' artwork above and the two make a lovely pair hanging together (as they are doing in my hall at present).

This is painted in shades of deep red onto 24 x12 inch box canvas and is also for sale in my gallery at ArtGallery: https://www.artgallery.co.uk/work/95864

If you have time to take a look at my ArtGallery links check out the 'test drive' application that allows you to test any painting in a number of different room settings . . . it's a fun way to see how a painting may look in your home

 













No comments:

Post a Comment